6 ounces soft goat cheese
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 pound lean ground turkey
12 ounces mushrooms, chopped
3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 small zucchini
Mix all ingredients except zucchini.
Form into patties.
Slice zucchini lengthwise and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
Grill burgers for 15-20 minutes.
Grill zucchini for 10-15 minutes.
Serve on whole wheat sandwich buns with side salad of romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, and purple cabbage.
Burger nutrition (w/o the bun; provided by calorie-count.com):
Serving Size 278 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 284
Calories from Fat: 140
Total Fat: 15.5g
Saturated Fat: 7.8g
Cholesterol: 89mg
Sodium: 546mg
Total Carbohydrates: 7.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Sugars: 4.2g
Protein: 30.4g
Analysis:
This recipe is one of our favorites. This is the first time we've tried it with goat cheese--and I think it will be our last. We like the flavor of goat cheese, but blue cheese holds up much better on the grill. Or next time we'll not mix in the goat cheese, we'll put it on top during the last few minutes of cooking. The husband also recommended an egg--but that will add cholesterol to a recipe that is already heavy on the cholesterol. In honesty, I could make a whole meal of the grilled zucchini, but I think the 11-year-old would revolt!
Love this blog K! Now I can get some great recipes for dinner at my house!
ReplyDelete