Top loin steak with shrimp, farfalle, and steamed spinach.Serves 2
Steak
2 three-ounce top loin steaks, trimmed to remove fat
salt
pepper
Grill until desired doneness
Pasta
2 servings Barilla Farfalle pasta cooked to aldente
1 1/4 cups skim milk
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
melt butter in a pan
whisk flour into milk and slowly add to melted butter
cook over low heat until thickened and bubbly
cook and stir for two minutes more
add fresh cracked pepper to taste
ladle over pasta on warmed plate
Spinach
4 cups rinsed and trimmed baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup cold/leftover coffee
melt butter in pan
add coffee
gently add spinach
cover until spinach is wilted
Shrimp
1/2 pound large shrimp (about 16)
1 tbsp butter
garlic powder
remove shrimp tails
melt butter
toss shrimp to coat and heat to very warm
sprinkle with garlic powder
Pile spinach in center of plate.
Gently prop steak on spinach.
Put pasta on 1/2 of plate and shrimp on other half.
Serve warm with a salad.
Taste/preparation analysis:
I love date night. I love spending time in the kitchen with my Tim. I don't even care how the food tastes--although it was fabulous tonight. Tim's steak was still blinking at him tonight (he manned the grill)--which can only mean one thing--success. I think I've finally mastered my mom's white sauce. I have such fond memories of eating her white sauce spread on salad or fish or pasta. I have spent 10 years trying to get mine to taste the same. I think I finally did it--I only regret that there was none left to have her try it! (What we didn't eat the almost-eight-year-old polished off for us.)
No comments:
Post a Comment