Thursday, April 7, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Risotto

Even though I eat vegan, I've been on a risotto kick for the family. This evening, I made Buffalo Chicken Risotto for dinner. Isaiah and Tim LOVED it. Esther-Faith wouldn't touch it. Isaac didn't eat it because he is off rice due to the four teeth he had pulled this morning.

Brodo:
Simmer one quart vegetable broth, 3/4 cup hot sauce, about 1/4 cup honey, and about 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.



Risotto:
Sweat 2 stalks celery, chopped fine; 1 medium onion, chopped fine; 3 garlic cloves, minced fine in a couple of tablespoons of butter for a few minutes.




Add one cup arborio rice and cook until fragrant and rice is coated with butter.




Deglaze with 3/4 cup lager beer and cook until completely absorbed.





Add the brodo 1/2 to 3/4 cup at a time allowing each addition to completely absorb before adding more. (Took me about 45 minutes to incorporate it all.)




Stir in about 2 cups of roasted chicken. (We had some left over from the rotisserie chicken we made last night.)

Garnish with chopped celery, blue cheese dressing, and blue cheese crumbles.

2 comments:

  1. My hubby would keep eating this too! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I am so going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete