When I started eating vegan a little over a week ago, I was really worried about finding enough food to fill my belly. And I'll admit, the first couple of days were difficult. But now, I find more recipes than I have time to try. I even discovered an egg substitute made out of crushed flax seed that I should be able to use in baked goods!
I haven't been serving Tim and the kids vegan meals, but I do slip some items onto their plate. Isaac tried tofu this evening, and he had to follow it with a chocolate-marshmallow cookie.
One of my favorites is Hummus--which is SO easy to make.
1 can of chickpeas or black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup of water (and more if needed)
a couple of tablespoons of olive oil (to taste)
dash of salt
dash of cumin powder
dash of herb de provence
blend in a blender and serve with veggies or corn chips
So good. This evening, Isaac and I filled little baked corn chip tostitos scoop-able "bowls" with a little bit of hummus and topped each with a wedge of cucumber, a slice of tomato, yellow pepper, and mushroom. SO GOOD!
You're vegan?! When I think you can't get any cooler, there you go...
ReplyDeleteI've been vegetarian for ages, and want to go vegan, but have only dipped my toe in the pool. Thanks for making me think about jumping in.